BEFORE CLASS SUGGESTIONS
1. Please arrive to class/workshop early so you can get checked in and pick your spot before class starts. When you come late and scattered it’s a distraction to everyone else and your energy becomes ungrounded. You want to get the most out of this, and we want you to as well.
TIP: Please put the address into your GPS the day before and calculate how long it will take you to get to the location with traffic so that you can arrive at the desired time.
2. WHAT TO BRING:
1. Yoga Mat (required)
2. Blanket (required)
3. Notepad and pen (workshops only)
4. Sleep eye mask (optional): If you have an eye-mask/sleep mask those are really good to bring, but not necessary. We’ve seen people wear those beanie winter hats and pull them down over their eyes. Seemed to work well.
3. Dress comfortably. Wearing multiple layers that can be removed easily is ideal.
4. DON’T EAT BEFORE YOU COME. You want your last meal to be 2-3 hours prior to Breathwork (the emptier your stomach, the better results). If you must eat something to stabilize your blood sugar, please make it something very light.
TIP: Drink lots of water before class!
5. DO NOT, we repeat DO NOT drink any alcohol or do any type of drugs prior to attending this event. You will be kindly asked to leave the venue and no refund will be provided.
6. You will be required to sign a waiver prior to participating in the Breathwork. Waivers will be available on the day of the event.
7. Download your Eventbrite ticket and bring it with you, or have your mobile ticket ready at the door (not applicable to cash only events).
8. Please don’t come with expectations. Just show up with an open mind. Simply set your intention to release any old habits/patterns and be ready to fill that space with love and gratitude.
Oh, and enjoy the ride! 😉
AFTER CLASS SUGGESTIONS:
1. Drink lots of water.
2. Take an Epson salt bath that same night.
3. If you can’t take an Epson salt bath then please shower (cleanses your aura/ old energies).
4. Don’t call or text anyone that can trigger you or stress you out (24-hour minimum).
5. Do not drink or smoke marijuana after class. Just rest and relax, you worked hard for it.
6. After class, many people experience a lifted feeling as if their head is in the clouds. This is very common and all you have to do is ground yourself before leaving class, especially before driving a motor vehicle. Here are some grounding tips:
- Clap your hands.
- Stomp your feet on the ground.
- Hold two grounding stones.
- Rub your hands together.
- Place your left hand on your forehead/over your eyes and place your right hand on your tailbone.
- Snap a rubber band on the wrist (Ouch! But it works).
- Think of colors, sounds, smells.
SMELLS: Take a whiff of Peppermint Essential Oils, Citrus, Lavender, or Jasmine.
TASTES: Peppermints, ginger chews, teas, or gum help with grounding.
TOUCH: Tupperware full of beads, fidget spinners, coins, and marbles, all have different temperatures and textures that help with grounding. Holding copper works really well.
BREATHING: Alternate Nostril Breathing brings you back into Parasympathetic Breathing and helps calm the nervous system.
KURTIS’ GROUNDING VIDEO TIPS:
When and where can I do this again?
Why not do it tomorrow? Breathwork can be done at home with no music and no instructor. All you need to do is use the breathing technique I showed you. You can make your own playlist and still enjoy the same benefits.
PRICING: $300 for one-on-one/couple private sessions ($350). Group discounts available for groups of 10 or more (Excluding Corporate Breathwork)